This post contains affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Statement for more info.
Who’s having corned beef for dinner tonight??? And raise your hand if you’re Irish! I am Irish, but I don’t know exactly what percentage. I am seriously considering doing the ancestry heritage test, where you send them spit and they tell you your nationalities. If you’ve done it, I would love to hear about your experience. What I know is that my mother’s last name Day used to be O’Dae back in the old land of the leprechauns, and they Americanized (aka made it boring), when they came here.
We are busy tonight, so we had our corned beef dinner early. This is good news for you because I already searched all over Pinterest for how to cook corned beef in the Instant Pot and I can share with you what worked and what did not. The corned beef and potatoes turned out really well. The cabbage did not.
Corned Beef, Potatoes, and Cabbage
- Corned Beef
- 2 cups of beer
- 3 bay leaves
- Baby rainbow potatoes
- Head of cabbage
- Put the trivet in your pot and place the corned beef on top
- Empty the seasoning packet onto the meat, pour in two cups of beer, (Guinness would be the most festive, but I used Stella Artois), and add 3 bay leaves
- Set your Instant Pot to 90 minutes of High Pressure, make sure the lid is set to Sealing, and let that meat cook
- When the 90 minutes are done, use the Natural Release method. This is best to make the meat extra tender.
- Take the meat out and let it rest, while you put your potatoes into the Pot for their turn, 12 minutes on High Pressure, again set to Sealing not Venting. The potatoes don’t need to cook for as long as the meat, and if you cook them in the same liquid afterwards, it tastes like they did.
- DO NOT put the cabbage in the Instant Pot, unless you like super mushy cabbage. I recommend sautéing it on the stove while the potatoes cook. Then you can see when it gets to the level of doneness you prefer, and you don’t open up your Instant Pot to find a mushy mess. Can you tell what happened with my cabbage??
- That’s it, shred the meat, and plate it all up. Enjoy lads and lassies!
CarlaDaisy.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. All opinions are my own, and I would only recommend products I actually like.