Weird fact, I hate bananas. I know that’s a strong word, but that’s legit how I feel about them. If I have to touch one, maybe to start peeling it for Violet, I have to wash that smell off my hands. But I love banana bread and muffins. I cannot explain it. Anyone else? No, just me?? 🤷♀️
Did you know that vanilla is worth more than silver right now?? Apparently there was a bad harvest in Madagascar and that’s where most of the world’s vanilla come from. 🇲🇬
Banana Muffins with a Nutella Swirl
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup flour up to 3/4 can be whole wheat
- 12 tsp Nutella
- Preheat oven to 375 for darker muffin tins or 350 for lighter ones.
- Mash up the banana with the coconut oil and sour cream. I use the paddle attachment for my stand mixer, but you can use a handheld one for a workout. Make sure the mixture isn’t hot from the oil before adding the eggs. You don’t want those to cook yet
- Add in the eggs and vanilla. And then the cinnamon and sugar. At this point, you can mix it as much as you’d like. But if you over mix once the flour is added, the muffins will be dense, not light and fluffy (goal). So basically make sure these ingredients and good and blended before moving to number 4.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Stop mixing as soon as it’s combined.
- Divide batter into greased muffin pan
- Plop about a teaspoon of Nutella on top of each batter muffin and swirl it around with a toothpick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. My magic time is 22 minutes