This post contains affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Statement for more info.
How can it possibly be the LAST DAY of 2018?! These are my favorite books published over the last year. I read many other good ones, but this list is only for 2018 books:
- “The Great Alone” by Kristin Hannah is my favorite book I read all year. Kristin Hannah has come a long way in her writing. Like her book “The Nightingale” (which I LOVED too), this is historical fiction. The story starts in the 1970s and follows a family’s journey to Alaska, the last frontier. The Great Alone has 4.5 stars on Amazon. (448 pages)
- “The Perfect Mother” by Aimee Molloy is about to be a movie, so you should read the book first! A group of new mothers go out for a night, and one of their babies goes missing. Nbd, right?! Well it gets crazier because the mother of the missing child is kinda famous and of course, no one’s memory of the night is perfect, thanks to the fact they were at a bar. I did not see the ending coming at all, and I love a book that can surprise me. Amazon has The Perfect Mother at 4 stars. (336 pages)
- “Cross Her Heart” by Sarah Pinborough took twists and turns that I in no way saw coming. The story follows a mother and daughter with so many secrets. I did not know who to believe, and the ending really surprised me. Cross Her Heart has four stars on Amazon. (352 pages)
- “The Outsider” by Stephen King is one of his creepy psychological books, not over the top gross scary like “It”. This book is being made into an HBO series, just like his other book I LOVED Mr. Mercedes (but that one was on regular cable). One of the best parts, my favorite character from Mr. Mercedes shows up in this book too. The Outsider has 4.5 stars on Amazon. (576 pages)
- “The Breakdown” by B.A. Paris is my favorite book she has written! I really liked “Behind Closed Doors” and “Bring Me Back”, but I loved this one. I really had no idea who to trust or if the main character was losing her marbles. The Breakdown has four stars on Amazon. (352 pages)
- “The Woman in the Window” by A.J Finn is also being turned into a movie. The main character is a reclusive woman who NEVER leaves her house. She drinks lots of wine and watches her neighbors comings and goings like it’s her job. I couldn’t tell who to trust and 100% guessed wrong. The Woman in the Window has 4.5 stars on Amazon. (448 pages)
I really tried to make this a top 5 list, but I just couldn’t decide which one of these good books to delete. And besides the first one, the rest are in no particular order. It was apparently the year of me reading crazy lady books because there were way more that didn’t make the list.
What is your favorite book from 2018?
CarlaDaisy.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. All opinions are my own, and I would only recommend products I actually like.