We’re on our second day in a row of snow days here in the PNW. What starts out as non stop playing in the snow and warming up with hot chocolate, can turn into the bored crabbies by day two…
So, what’s a super fun and yummy way to make a snow day even better? Snow Ice Cream!
I Pinterest-ed all about it, and it comes down to two main recipes. Both are yummy, so I say roll with whatever ingredients you have on hand…
The ingredients are:
- 8-10 cups of snow (8 for wet snow, 10 for dry snow)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Mix together the vanilla and either the sweetened condensed milk or the milk and sugar. Put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.
- Gather your (clean) snow
- Bring that snow inside and mix your chilled ingredients into it.
- Serve it up and add some sprinkles. Unless you’re a teenage boy; they don’t do sprinkles.