This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Statement for more info.
I’ve been doing Keto since November, and it’s been a journey. One, quitting sugar has been huge. I feel so much better, and also, amazed by how many products have sugar hiding in them. Did you know most bacon has cane sugar? That brings me to a misconception about Keto. It’s not just eat as much fat as you want; it’s about reading labels and taking the time to care about what we put into our bodies. Starting this way of eating can be overwhelming, and I think it’s best to ease your way into it. I’ll share more about this process in another post (coming soon!). This post is all about products that I really like and those I really don’t. I’ll update the list as I try more things, and feel free to comment with any products you’d like me to review. I just got my first Keto Box, and I’m super excited to get a monthly package with new brands to try.
My favorites: (in no specific order)
- Kiss My Keto has really good bars and protein powder. A mindset shift here, you don’t want to overdo the protein. Most brands have 20 grams or more, but these have 10. The Birthday Cake Protein Powder is so good, even my kids and husband think it’s yummy. I blend mine with unsweetened almond or coconut milk and ice. All three bar flavors are good: Chocolate Coconut, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Cookie Dough. The last one has a bit more of the erithrytol flavor than the other two, but it makes up for it in my opinion by being the right consistency for cookie dough in bar form.
- Coconut flour and almond flour are important Keto pantry ingredients. Anthony’s is my favorite brand because it’s ground very fine.
- Keto is all about healthy oils, like coconut, avocado, olive, or MCT. MCT stands for medium chain triglycerides and you need to ease into taking this one. You will see lots of Keto coffee recipes, like bullet proof coffee, with this as an ingredient. Do not start with the full dose, normally 1 or 2 teaspoons. I made that mistake, so you don’t have to. Side note, if you’re constipated, MCT oil can help.
- Lily’s chocolate bars are so good! I don’t eat them often, but every now and again, a little piece is so amazing. My favorite is the milk chocolate almond one, but they are all good. They are sweetened with stevia.
- Quest bars are an easy snack to keep in my purse. Not every flavor is good, though, and you should probably have a glass of water next to you (some are a little dry). The flavors I like are Birthday Cake, Blueberry Muffin, Cookies and Cream, Cinnamon Roll, and a seasonal Peppermint Bark. The seasonal Pumpkin Pie is okay, but not as good. There are seriously so many flavors to try, that I haven’t gotten to yet. Check my not so favorite section below for the flavors I’ve tried that I do not enjoy. But this is the list of ones that I think sound good, but haven’t tried yet (I will update as I try): Chocolate Sprinkled Donut, White Chocolate Raspberry, Apple Pie, Coconut Cashew, and Strawberry Cheesecake. If sugar alcohols bother you, check out the next one. Sometimes, they upset my stomach.
- Dang Coconut Chips and Cardamon Chai Bars are SO GOOD! If you like coconut, you need to try them. There are six flavors for the bars: Lemon, Cinnamon Chocolate, Chocolate Sea Salt, Almond Vanilla, and Toasted Coconut. I’ve tried all but the last 2 and YUM! They are very clean, without any sweeteners or sugar alcohols. The coconut chips are just coconut and sea salt, but they are addicting! The founder of the company named it after his mother, Dang, and just how cute is that?
- Fat Snax Double Chocolate Cookies are soft and chewy and so good. They have other flavors too: lemon, chocolate chip, and peanut butter. I’ll update on those as I try more.
- Whisps are a perfect little chip replacement snack! I’ve only tried the Parmesan ones so far, but they also have Asiago Pepper jack, Cheddar, Tomato Basil, and BBQ Bacon. Yum!
- Sugar and bad oils are hidden in most mayonaises and dressings. Primal Kitchens has clean mayonnaise. Both the plain flavor and the Chipotle Lime are good. For dressings, Tessamae’s is really good, especially the Habanero Ranch. Habanero Ranch and raw cauliflower is one of my favorite snacks. Chosen Foods also has a good mayonnaise.
- Natural Heaven “pasta” is made from heart of palms. This is the best brand I’ve tried so far. It only has 2 net carbs per serving (4 carbs and 2 grams of fiber), and is so good with Rao’s Tomato Basil sauce or homemade Alfredo sauce. My favorite recipe is from The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook. And as for tomato sauces, Rao’s is the lowest in carbs and sugar that I’ve found (4 carbs, 3 grams of which are from sugar). I also like to use it on my homemade pizzas from Simply Keto.
- Chomps meat sticks are a must. It is so hard to find meat sticks or jerky that don’t have sugar. Chomps are ZERO sugar! The Beef and Beef Jalapeño are both really good. I haven’t tried Turkey, Turkey Jalapeño, Italian Style Beef, Sea Salt Beef, or Venison yet.
Not so favorites:
- Miracle Noodles are disgusting. I am sorry, but it’s my opinion. There are a lot of people that like them, but I am for sure not one of them. First, the smell… The package warns the smell of the konjac plant is “normal” and will rinse off. This alone made me wait weeks to try it. But the lure of zero calories and less than zero carbs (1 carb and 2 grams of fiber = -1, if that’s possible) got me to try them. That “normal” smell, smells like fish, and even though it does mostly wash away, it’s really hard to get that smell out of my head. If that’s not enough, the texture of the noodles is like wiggly worms. No thanks.
- Mighty Cheese Crunch tries, but fails at what Whisps accomplished by making a chip out of cheese. I’ve only tried the Cheddar Bacon ones. The flavor is okay, but not great and leaves a weird film in my mouth, kinda like Captain Crunch did back in the day.
- Quest bars are here too. All of the chocolate flavors are gross and have a terrible after taste. The flavors I’m not a fan of are: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Double Chocolate Chunk, Chocolate Peanut Butter, S’mores, and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. The erithrytol taste is just too strong in these flavors.
Check out the Recommendations page to find more products I love and find out how you can get them for free or discounted! CarlaDaisy.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. CarlaDaisy.com is also an affiliate for ShopStyle and FabFitFun. All opinions are my own, and I would only recommend products I actually like.